I struggled with posting anything about this collection since the online release dates kept getting pushed back, but it’s FINALLY available online so I can finally share.
For those of you that aren’t familiar with this collection, it originally released at Pro Store only back in April, although it was difficult for some to get their hands on. The info about this collection was repeatedly confusing as to whether it would be available to non-PROs when it released, but it is available to everyone online now. Of course, those with the PRO Card can get their discount on this collection. The following items are what make up the collection:
- Angel’s Kiss – Sheer soft pinky nude with pearl (Amplified)
- Nearly Nude – Sheer warm pink nude (Amplified)
- Wholesome – Sheer warm mid-tone nude (Amplified)
- Restrained - Sheer neutral mid-tone nude (Amplified)
- Show-All - Heavily metallic deep red (Frost)
- Subverted – Metallic brown (Frost)
- Pre-Raphaelite – Deep metallic dirty berry (Frost)
- Dominate – Deep metallic purple (Frost)
- Bare Minimum – Sheer soft pinky nude with pearl (Satin)
- Glimpse of Flesh – Sheer warm pink nude (Satin)
- Body Conscious – Sheer warm mid-tone nude (Satin)
- Exposed – Sheer neutral mid-tone nude (Satin)
- Love’s Lure – Heavily metallic deep red (Veluxe Pearl)
- Deep Fixation – Metallic brown (Veluxe Pearl)
- Crimson Tryst – Deep metallic dirty berry (Veluxe Pearl)
- Brazenly Deep metallic purple (Veluxe Pearl)
- Barefaced Mid-tone warm nude (Satin)
- Stylish Me Deep dirty mauve (Satin)
I initially picked up all of the eye shadows, 4 of the lipsticks, and Barefaced blush via calling in to the Canadian MAC customer service number (for reference, I live in Georgia so being in the US was not an issue with placing this order). Tonight I ordered Stylish Me blush and Dominate lipstick so I will likely do a post on those when I receive them.
For now, here are some swatches of the lipsticks I originally picked up and the eye shadows. I will post about the blush at a later time. The eye shadows in this collection reminded me of what made me fall in love with MAC years ago, especially the buttery soft Veluxe Pearl shadows. The pigmentation is excellent in this collection and is something that I think anyone can wear. The lipsticks in the Metallic portion of the collection make me think of great fall colors although I wouldn’t necessarily say that I would call them metallic. They are frosty without being glittery so anyone that is anti-glitter can rest easy. The Nude portion of the lipstick line may not feel as universal. For those with deeper tones I would suggest going with Wholesome or Restrained. Fair to medium tones may prefer Angel’s Kiss or Nearly Nude. If you choose one and it feels too light, just use a chocolate lip liner to deepen the color and you’re set.