My poor arm is a little red, but the swatches of all 40 Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils from the newly updated collection (and specifically, from the Limited Edition Vault set) are done!
As mentioned in my previous post, Urban Decay has relaunched their 24/7 eye pencil line which now boasts 40 permanent shades! There are 13 brand new additions to the line up and 14 previously exclusive ones that are sure to thrill UD fans. Unfortunately, with this relaunch comes a list of casualties that some fans will want to mourn (or snap up extras while they can!). In case you missed the list of shades that are now part of the permanent range:
New Permanent List:
- Perversion Blackest black matte
- Zero Zealous black cream
- Smoke Deepest grey matte (New)
- Uzi Dark gunmetal shimmer with silver micro-sparkle (Previously Exclusive, Revamped)
- Oil Slick Black shimmer with silver micro-sparkle
- Underground Metallic taupe shimmer
- Mushroom Metallic taupe-pewter shimmer (Previously Exclusive)
- Smog Copper shimmer (Previously Exclusive)
- Roach Deep copper brown shimmer (New)
- Bourbon Brown shimmer with gold micro-sparkle
- Hustle Metallic brown shimmer (Previously Exclusive)
- Whiskey Rich brown matte (Previously Exclusive)
- Corrupt Dark metallic reddish brown shimmer with silver micro-sparkle (Previously Exclusive)
- Demolition Deep brown matte
- Desperation Deep taupe/gray matte (New)
- Scorch Bronze shimmer with silver micro-sparkle (New)
- Goldmine Gold shimmer with gold micro-sparkle (New)
- Loaded Dark green shimmer (New)
- Freak Bright green shimmer (New)
- Invasion Deepest dark green matte (New)
- Mildew Deep metallic green shimmer
- Stash Dark metallic green/gold shimmer
- Junkie Metallic teal shimmer with gold micro-sparkle (Previously Exclusive)
- Mainline Deep green/blue matte (Previously Exclusive)
- Deep End Bright metallic peacock shimmer (Previously Exclusive)
- Electric Bright metallic aquamarine shimmer with silver micro-sparkle
- LSD Navy shimmer with bright turquoise micro-sparkle (Previously Exclusive)
- Sabbath Deep navy matte (Previously Exclusive)
- Abyss Bright metallic blue shimmer with blue micro-sparkle (New)
- Chaos Vibrant cobalt blue matte with slight floating pearl (New)
- Ether Pale smoky gray shimmer with violet and fuchsia micro-sparkle (New)
- Delinquent Dark purple shimmer with light purple micro-sparkle (Previously Exclusive)
- Vice Pearly red eggplant shimmer (New)
- Psychedelic Sister Bright purple cream (Previously Exclusive)
- Rockstar Darkest eggplant shimmer
- Empire Dark eggplant matte (Previously Exclusive)
- Asphyxia Vibrant pink/purple duotone with tonal and blue micro-sparkle (Previously Exclusive)
- Woodstock Sparkly hot pink shimmer with silver sparkle
- Yeyo Metallic white shimmer
- Cuff Metallic silver shimmer with silver micro-sparkle (New)
Those that are already familiar with UD’s 24/7 line already know what to expect with the formula. It remains a highly saturated (and for the most part highly pigmented) formula that is made with ingredients like Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, and Cottonseed Oil. They still apply creamy for easy blending and dries down to a waterproof finish that stays put for hours. The colors available are a range of “crazy-vivid brights, shimmering metallics, wear-anywear neutrals, and dark smokey hues” while providing a variety of textures, from micro-sparkle to matte.
If you were lucky enough to snag the Vault set it would have set you back $295, but the value is easy to understand. Individually, UD eye pencils retail for $19. That means you would have to spend $760 to buy the entire 40 pencil line. The Vault would save you a whopping $465! To be fair…if you are like me and have the benefit of the UD Pro discount you can purchase the same 40 individual pencils for $456 (40% discount) BUT you would still pay more than you would have for the Vault. The math probably doesn’t soothe those that missed out on the extremely limited availability of the Vault though but it helps explain just how great of a deal this set was despite the $295 price tag. According to UD’s Facebook page there were only 50 Vaults available for sale initially. No word on if any additional Vaults will be made available for sale, but there is always hope!
Now that we have gotten all of the technical stuff out of the way, here are my swatches for the pencils! Because there were so many to get through I did them in small groups and only did small line swatches.
It’s hard for me to say which new additions are my favorites because I can see the potential in them all, but I was thrilled to see colors from sets like Ocho Loco and Smoked become permanent. I also loved seeing some of my favorite shadow colors be added to the lineup as liners such as Vice, Deep End, Asphyxia, and Psychedelic Sister. I also am pleasantly surprised by how much I like colors like Cuff, Goldmine, Freak. As you can tell, my list of likes seems to be the whole set! Zero made me groan a little…I have more than a lifetime supply of that pencil since it was usually the pencil provided with various palettes, but I haven’t used it since I fell madly in love with Perversion.
Overall, this set is an amazing value. The average person would be set for a long time with this in their collection…and this is a makeup artist’s dream at a pocket friendly price. If you missed out on it check out UD’s Facebook page for your chance to win 2 Vaults (one for you and one for a friend). I’m not sure how long the giveaway will be active so you might want to check it out quickly!